Making a good impression on your Norwegian boss requires a combination of professionalism, cultural awareness, and a strong work ethic.
Here are some tips to help you make a positive impression:
- Be punctual: Norwegians value punctuality, so make sure to arrive on time for meetings and appointments.
- Dress appropriately: Dress professionally and conservatively, as Norwegians tend to dress in a more formal manner for work.
- Show respect: Show respect for your boss and colleagues by using their titles and last names, and avoid interrupting them while they are speaking.
- Be direct: Norwegians value direct communication, so be clear and concise when communicating with your boss.
- Embrace teamwork: Norwegians value collaboration and teamwork, so be willing to work together with your colleagues and contribute to group projects.
- Be open-minded: Norwegians value diversity and openness, so be willing to learn about Norwegian culture and be open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Take initiative: Show your boss that you are motivated and take initiative by offering to take on additional responsibilities or by suggesting new ideas or strategies.
Remember, building strong relationships with your Norwegian boss and colleagues takes time and effort, so be patient and persistent in your efforts to make a positive impression.
How is your experience so far? Tell us in the comments!